Revenue Collection & Sales
Citations Processing and Parking Permits
- Oversight of the processing, payment, review and customer service associated with the approximately 1.5 million parking and transit citations issued annually and generating approximately $90 million in revenue.
- Program administration, processing and distribution of approximately 85,000 parking permits per year, includes Residential, Contractors, Teachers, Vanpool/Carpool and Official City Business parking permit programs.
- Operation of Customer Service Center at 11 South Van Ness serving approximately 180,000 customers per year. Direct services include transit pass/ticket sales, parking permit processing, and citation, boot removal and tow hearing fee payments.
- Operation of the Citation/Permit call center.
- The unit operates from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and includes back office processing on the 6th floor of 1 South Van Ness, in addition to the Customer Service Center.
Revenue Operations/Lost and Found
- Daily collection and processing/deposit of approximately $65,000 in cash fare revenue from Metro System Clipper ticket vending machines and bus, light rail and historic vehicle fareboxes and sales kiosks.
- Operation of three sales kiosks located at Powell and Market, Presidio and Geary, and Hyde and Beach serving more than 750,000 customers a year. Items sold include maps, parking meter cards, visitor passports, school/youth ticket books and low-income “Lifeline” muni passes. Presidio and Powell locations also provide Clipper services. All locations are open seven days a week.
- Coordinate advance group purchases of fare media and parking cards and coordinate token and monthly pass sales for non-profit and government agencies for client services.
- Responsible for inventory control, distribution and reconciliation of Muni transfers, visitor passports, Cable Car tickets, Lifeline passes, Clipper Limited Use tickets, and parking meter cards.
- Operate the Transit Vehicle Lost and Found service, processing approximately 4,500 items per year.
- The Unit operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with the main offices located at 1 South Van Ness, Basement level.
- Develop, implement and administer low income fare programs serving approximately 50,000 Muni customers including Adult Lifeline reduced monthly passes and Free Muni for Youth program.
- Coordinates inter-agency transfer discount programs with regional transit partners.
- Serves as the coordinator for the Clipper regional fare payment program.