The City of San Francisco and the Golden State Warriors Make It Easier for You to Get to Chase Center
Mayor London Breed and the Golden State Warriors announce a Transit Bundling program, in which all event tickets to Chase Center will service as Muni tickets.
Any Chase Center patron who shows his or her event ticket at Muni turnstiles and boarding platforms will be able to ride Muni without charge. Both electronic and physical tickets for events – including Warriors basketball games, concerts and other events at Chase Center – will serve as proof of payment for Muni service throughout the day. We want to remind our customers to keep their tickets handy to show to station agents at Metro stations to get to the train’s platform or Transit Fare Inspectors, if asked. We also use all-door boarding across our system—so passengers with a valid ticket can board through any door so we can quickly get you to the event or game!
Here are a few handy tips to keep in mind:
- Our ticket bundling program is applicable to any ticketed Chase Center event.
- Chase Center event tickets are valid for both bus fare and light rail fare. The ticket does not cover the cost of riding Muni’s cable car lines.
- The ticket will be valid all-day, and expire at the end of the service day @ 2:00 am after the event.
- When using Muni Metro service you will show your ticket to a Station Agent or, if the booth in not occupied, proceed through the gate nearest the Station Agent window (the gate will open automatically).
- Keep those event tickets handy for proof of ticket purchase when you’re heading to the arena. Failure to show a valid ticket (i.e. print, mobile or season tickets, or proof of ticket purchase) can result in a proof-of-payment fine.
- Events that do not use Chase Center ticketing are not eligible.
Taking transit to Chase Center will be the most efficient, economical, and sustainable way to get to the arena. The Warriors chose the Mission Bay site for the new arena largely because of its transit-rich location. With a Muni Metro T Line stop right at its doorstep, dedicated Muni special event bus shuttles (78X and 79X) and a Muni stop serving the 55, 48 and 22 lines within one block, Muni will be the best way to get to Chase Center. We’ll have more information in a forthcoming blogpost detailing the transportation options that work best for your trip planning. In the meantime, you can sign up for our Chase Center Transportation Plan updates via text or e-mail.