Email and Text Alerts
The SFMTA offers a free electronic subscription service that allows you to receive real-time email or text alerts about Muni service as well as email updates about agency news and projects.
Choose from an expanding array of topics and information categories, such as updates from our blog.
- Muni Alerts (Get real-time and scheduled alerts, organized by time of day, about your Muni routes or lines.)
- Agency News (Choose press releases, blog updates or other meeting notifications.)
- Muni Forward (Find projects here that are part of our effort to transform SF transit.)
- Streetscape & Other Projects (Learn about the various bike, pedestrian and complete street improvements happening throughout the city.)
- Elevator Alerts (Customers who rely on elevators to reach Muni subway service can sign up for updates on the status of the station elevators.)
We will continue to add other update topics including upcoming events, news, construction updates and project updates. You will be able to select the updates that matter to you.
How it Works
Any valid email or text address will allow you to subscribe for as many topics as you like. Once you’ve selected your topics and completed the subscription process, we will send you a confirmation note and you’ll begin receiving alerts or updates.
While the SFMTA does not charge a fee for the e-mail and text messages, messaging and data rates may apply. Check your wireless plan for details and read the complete Terms and Conditions.
It’s easy to manage your account or unsubscribe by logging in with the "primary" email address you provided. Go to "Subscriber Preferences,” make changes or choose “Unsubscribe.” Links to manage your account will also be in the footer of every e-mail.
Our digital subscription service, GovDelivery®, can answer your technical questions via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Muni bus or train arrival information will still be available through NextMuni.