Employer Resources: Welcome back to the office
San Francisco is here to support our businesses getting back to work safely and effectively
- The City is ready to welcome you and your employees back as on-site work resumes
- Working together, we will succeed in transitioning to a safely re-opened San Francisco
- SFMTA is working with City and Regional Partners to make sure everyone is ready for San Francisco office re-openings
- With a little planning and preparation, businesses can help ensure that employees are able to get to work easily
What's it going to take?
- San Francisco’s downtown streets are starting to reach pre-COVID levels of traffic congestion, we are working to avoid stress on the system
- Transit is safe. There have been no identified cases of COVID caught while using buses or trains.
- Even more capacity is on its way with the return of light-rail service and service improvements prioritizing citywide access and high-demand lines
- By letting employees know Muni is safe, providing flexibility for in-office arrival times, and encouraging employees to try out expanded bike, walk, and micromobility options we can make sure everyone has a way to get to work that's convenient, reliable, and affordable
What support can SFMTA provide to employers?
To receive occasional email alerts with key transportation updates and other information relevant for San Francisco employers, please sign up for updates here.
As offices reopen, we recognize your employees may need support finding commute options that work for them. SFMTA is working to support employer efforts to:
- Provide discounted Muni tickets to your employees to support their commutes
- Communicate that transit is safe, and Muni is ready to help you welcome them back to work
- Encourage employees commuting from outside of San Francisco to use BART, ferries, and other regional transit whenever possible
- Share information on new and improved city infrastructure that makes walking, biking, and using micromobility easier and more accessible
- Find out about municipal parking lots that can expand options for employees that carpool, drive alone, or need secure bike parking
- Stagger working hours and adopt alternative work schedules to shift travel to off-peak times
You don’t have to do it alone. The City is creating tools and resources to help make it easier for you to make the right decisions for your business and employees. Check this site regularly for resources to help you make a plan for your employees. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, requests, or additional content you’d like to see offered.