SFMTA’s Access Pass is a Muni-only pass for individuals experiencing homelessness. The pass provides free access to Muni vehicles for the passholder for 24 months.
You are eligible to receive the Muni Access Pass if you:
1) Are currently experiencing homelessness in San Francisco
2) Have contacted one of the City’s Access Points in the last six months. Access Points help people experiencing homelessness.
If you have not contacted one of the City’s Access Points, you may still qualify for an Access pass by working with one of the Access Points now.
How to Apply
1) Complete the online application; or
2) Mail a completed paper application to SFMTA – Attn: Access Pass, 11 South Van Ness Ave San Francisco, CA 94103; or
3) Drop off a completed paper application at one of the SFMTA sales locations listed below.
4) Submit the application in person at the SFMTA Customer Service Center, 11 South Van Ness Avenue
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Transit Citation Dismissal
If your application is accepted, you will be eligible to have all prior transit citations dismissed. Please provide a citation or ID number from the citation when applying.
Using Your Access Pass ID Card
In order to access the Muni Metro Station faregates you must display your ID card to a Station Agent for access to the Metro system. If no agent is present, you may proceed through the faregate closest to the station agent booth – it will open automatically.
The ID card is valid through the month and year printed on the front of the card. On surface level vehicles, you may enter the back door or, when boarding the front door, display your ID card to the Operator.