SFMTA 2015 #MuniHeritage Social Media Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
Earn a spot in Muni's rich transit history - all it takes is a photo and the hashtag #MuniHeritage.
Five winners will be selected at random for entries uploaded to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and will get a limited edition poster photo reprint from the SFMTA Photo Archive. Posters must be picked up at SFMTA offices, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 7th floor, within 7 days of notification. Terms and conditions are below.
#MuniHeritage Social Media Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
- The following terms and conditions govern the SFMTA’s #MuniHeritage Social Media Photo contest to announce the 2015 Muni Heritage Weekend event ("the Contest").
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. SFMTA accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value following the commencement date of the Contest.
- These Terms are available at https://www.sfmta.com/muniheritage
- SFMTA employees, agents and their families are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- The Contest will open on September 21, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. and close on September 27, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (“Contest Period”). All entries received after lapse of the Contest Period will be excluded from participation.
- All prize winners will be notified by email.
- Participating in the #MuniHeritage social media photo contest to announce the 2015 Muni Heritage Weekend event must include the following steps:
- Login/sign-up to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
- Take a photo during the week leading up to the Muni Heritage Weekend and/or the Muni Heritage Weekend
- Share the photo on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #MuniHeritage
- Accept and adhere to these Terms unconditionally
- Entry is limited to once per Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account.
- The Contest provides a chance to win a prize: limited edition poster reprint from the SFMTA Photography Archive.
- Five winners of the social media photo contest will be selected randomly within 7 days of the contest closing. One prize per winner. SFMTA will announce each winner through a congratulatory social message. The SFMTA will then contact the user by e-mail to ask the participant to email firstname.lastname@example.org with their full name, address, and phone number.
- It is the responsibility of the winners to ensure that they are able to accept the prize and make use of the prize.
- A prize cannot be exchanged for another prize.
- SFMTA reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. The SFMTA reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process including if an automated entry or voting mechanism is used.
- SFMTA reserves the right to contact entrants via email about the Contest.
- Each winner is responsible for any tax implications arising from winning a prize.
- In the event of any prize not being accepted or claimed 3 weeks after the email notification has been sent, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the SFMTA reserves the right to award the unclaimed prize to the next best eligible entrant determined by the SFMTA in its sole discretion.
- Prizes that are not redeemed for whatever reason remain the property of the SFMTA.
- The SFMTA, its officers and employees shall not be liable for, for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Contest, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the SFMTA’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the SFMTA) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the SFMTA; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) redemption of the prizes; and/or (g) participation in the Contest.
- Entrants hereby grant the SFMTA and its agents, contractors and assigns, an unlimited, non-exclusive and irrevocable license the right to use in whole or in part, screen, post, copy, display and distribute the content of the entry in all forms and media and in all manners for the Contest event or any other City purpose, including but not limited to promotional uses. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold SFMTA harmless from any losses and liabilities (including attorney’s fees) for any copyright infringement or any other claims arising out the SFMTA’s selection or use of the entrant’s contest submission.
- The personal information entrants provide will be used by the SFMTA for the purpose of conducting this competition. The SFMTA may disclose entrant’s personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants.
- The SFMTA will not be liable for any prize award that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of the award is subject to the terms and conditions specified on the award.
- Failure by the SFMTA to enforce any of its rights at any time does not constitute a waiver of those rights.