3rd Street Project Construction Forecast: November 9 - November 22, 2019
The 3rd Street Transit and Safety Project is implementing improvements to reduce bus delays and improve safety for people walking. Construction crews are scheduled to repave the existing transit-only lane between Bryant and Harrison streets. Concrete work will continue between Bryant and Stillman streets, and a new boarding island will be built there. Crews will also repaint traffic lanes, upgrade crosswalks and relocate the red transit-only lane between Bryant and Folsom streets.
The following two-week construction forecast is tentative and subject to change due to weather delays, unexpected field conditions or construction crew availability.
Bryant to Harrison
Daytime Work (between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- On Saturday, November 9, scheduled work includes grinding and paving the existing transit-only lane between Bryant and Harrison streets. Crews will also replace the sidewalk on the east side of 3rd between Bryant and Stillman streets, and work includes grinding and laying new concrete. Parking spaces are temporarily restricted in the construction zone during active work. If not complete, sidewalk construction work may continue on Sunday, November 10.
- During the weekend of November 16 and 17, scheduled work includes building a boarding island between Bryant and Stillman streets for a new bus stop at that location. Parking spaces are temporarily restricted in the construction zone during active work.
Bryant to Folsom
Night Work (between the hours of 1:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.)
- During the week of November 12, traffic lanes are scheduled to be repainted and the red transit-only lane is scheduled to be relocated. Work is scheduled to take place over the course of 2-4 nights to minimize traffic disruptions. During this time, neighbors can anticipate construction-related lighting and low-level noise as crews repaint traffic lanes, lay down the red thermoplastic for the transit-only lane, and repaint crosswalks.
What to Expect
- Weekend, mid-day and night work on select dates (no work during major events, such as Giants’ home games)
- Limited staging of construction equipment at curb
- Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zone and traffic lanes will be modified during active work
- Construction work includes new boarding islands, street grinding, paving, painting and relocating transit-only lane