3rd Street Project Construction Forecast: October 5 - October 18
The 3rd Street Transit and Safety Project is implementing improvements to reduce bus delays and improve safety for people walking. Construction crews are scheduled to continue work on 3rd between Townsend and Bryant streets to repaint traffic lanes, relocate the red transit-only lane and upgrade crosswalks.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Townsend to Bryant
Daytime Work (between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- During the week of October 7, scheduled work includes grinding out existing traffic lane lines to prepare for updating traffic lanes.
Night Work (between the hours of 1:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.)
- During the weeks of October 7 and 14, traffic lanes are scheduled to be repainted, crosswalks upgraded and the red transit-only lane relocated. Work will take place over 1-4 nights to minimize traffic disruptions. During this time, neighbors can anticipate construction-related lighting and low-level noise as crews repaint traffic lanes, lay down the red thermoplastic for the transit-only lane and repaint crosswalks.
What to Expect
- Weekend, mid-day and night work on select dates (no work during major events, such as Giants’ home games)
- Limited staging of construction equipment at curb
- Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zone and traffic lanes will be modified during active work
- Construction work includes new boarding islands, street grinding, paving, painting and relocating transit-only lane