3rd Street Project Construction Forecast: September 28 - October 11
The 3rd Street Transit and Safety Project is implementing improvements to reduce bus delays and improve safety for people walking. Construction crews are scheduled to continue work on 3rd between Brannan and Bryant streets. Scheduled work includes replacing traffic signals, repainting traffic lanes, upgrading crosswalks and relocating the red transit-only lane.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Daytime Work (between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- During the week of September 30, traffic signals are scheduled to be replaced.
Night Work (between the hours of 1:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.)
- During the week of October 7, traffic lanes are scheduled to be repainted and the red transit-only lane is scheduled to be relocated. Work is scheduled to take place over the course of 1-2 nights to minimize traffic disruptions. During this time, neighbors can anticipate construction-related lighting and low-level noise as crews repaint traffic lanes and lay down the red thermoplastic for the transit-only lane.
What You Can Expect Generally
- Weekend, mid-day and night work on select dates (no work during major events, such as Giants’ home games)
- Limited staging of construction equipment at curb
- Temporary removal of parking and changes to traffic lanes for construction
- Construction work includes new boarding islands, street grinding, paving, painting and relocating transit-only lane