Bay to Breakers Setup: Saturday, May 20, 2023
Beginning this Saturday, May 20, streets will be closed and Muni will reroute buses in preparation of the Bay to Breakers race to setup the start and finish line areas.
Starting Line Area Street Closures
The following streets will be closed from starting at 7 p.m.
- Main, between Mission and Folsom
- Howard, between Embarcadero and Beale
- Steuart, southeast of Mission
- Spear, between Mission and Folsom
Finish Line Area Street Closures
Closures from Saturday 7 p.m. until Sunday 4 p.m.
- Lincoln: westbound, between Great Highway and 48th
- Lincoln: eastbound, between Great Highway and La Playa
- Fulton: westbound, between Great Highway and 47th
- Fulton: eastbound, between Great Highway and 48th
- La Playa: between Cabrillo and Fulton
Closures from Saturday at 9 p.m. to Sunday at 4 p.m.
- Great Highway: between Sloat and JFK
- Multiple entrances to Golden Gate Park for the race period
The 12 Folsom/Pacific and 18 46th Ave. routes will be temporary rerouted until the end of service Saturday, while the 5 Fulton may experience minor delays in the downtown area.
Note: Be sure to receive real-time Muni service alerts via email or text by signing up through our Email and Text Subscriptions page.
|Route / Direction||Start Time||Missed Stops||Alternate Stops|
to Nob Hill
to The Mission
18 46th Avenue
18 46th Avenue
Race Day Service Impacts and Express Service Information
The race will impact regular Muni service all day Sunday with multiple reroutes in place. Additionally, there will be extra service provided before and after the event. Please visit the Bay to Breakers Race Day Travel & Transit Update page for more information.