Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: August 14 - August 27, 2021
Photo: Newly installed pedestrian refuges and widened bus bulb along Geary Boulevard at Divisadero.
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water lines, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. Surface improvements managed by San Francisco Public Works are also underway, including upgraded traffic signals and streetlights, sidewalk extensions at bus stops and intersection corners, improved median refuges and red transit lane treatments.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Masonic Avenue – Van Ness Avenue
Mondays through Fridays between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.:
- Median work is planned for the weeks of August 16 and August 23 on Geary Boulevard at the intersections of Webster Street and Buchanan Street.
- New tree plantings are planned for the week of August 16 on Geary Boulevard between Divisadero and Laguna streets.
- Installation of red thermoplastic colorization in the existing transit-only lanes is planned for the weeks of August 16 and August 23 on eastbound Geary Boulevard between Divisadero and Webster streets.
- Minor punch list repairs within the sidewalk and roadway are planned for the weeks of August 16 and August 23 on Geary Boulevard between Masonic and Webster streets. Work at Divisadero Street and Broderick Street is scheduled to begin at 7 a.m.
- Construction of the expanded patio at Hamilton Recreation Center on Steiner Street is planned for the weeks of August 16 and August 23. Work is scheduled to begin at 7 a.m. at this location.
Van Ness Avenue – Market Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.:
- Water service connection work is planned for the weeks of August 16 and August 23 on Geary Street between Stockton and Kearny streets.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main on Geary. SFPUC will notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
- Roadway and sidewalk work are planned for the weeks of August 16 and August 23 on Geary Street between Hyde and Leavenworth streets and at the intersections of Geary at Mason and at Kearny streets.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work. There may be brief vibrations during sidewalk and roadway excavation.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.comor 415.646.2300.
The Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) is launching a new vandalism relief grant program later this summer. Businesses can apply for $1,000 or $2,000 grants to go towards storefront vandalism-related damages. Incidents are retroactive to January 1, 2021. Learn more and sign up to receive updates about the program at OEWD.org/VandalismRelief.
For the most up-to-date Muni service information, parking enforcement and other updates, visit the SFMTA COVID-19 page.