Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: July 10 - July 23, 2021
Photo: Esquivel Grading and Paving crew members pouring concrete along sidewalk at Geary Boulevard at Laguna. Photo courtesy of Esquivel Grading and Paving
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water lines, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. Surface transportation improvements, including upgraded traffic signals and streetlights, sidewalk extensions at bus stops and intersection corners, improved median refuges and roadway repaving, are also underway and are being managed by San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Steiner Street – Van Ness Avenue
Mondays through Fridays between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.:
- Median work is planned for the weeks of July 12 and July 19 on Geary Boulevard at the intersections of Steiner Street, Webster Street and Buchanan Street.
- Minor punch list repairs within the sidewalk and roadway are planned for the weeks of July 12 and July 19 on Geary Boulevard between Masonic and Webster streets.
- Construction of the expanded patio at Hamilton Recreation Center on Steiner Street is planned for the weeks of July 12 and July 19 2. Work is scheduled to begin at 7 a.m. at this location.
Van Ness Avenue – Market Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.:
- Water service connection work is planned for the weeks of July 12 and July 19 on Geary Street between Stockton and Kearny streets.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main on Geary. SFPUC will notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
- Roadway and sidewalk work are planned for the weeks of July 12 and July 19 at the intersection of Geary and Mason streets.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work. There may be brief vibrations during sidewalk and roadway excavation.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.comor 415.646.2300.
For the most up-to-date Muni service information, parking enforcement and other updates, visit the SFMTA COVID-19 page.