Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: July 24 - August 6, 2021
Photo: (Before) photo of new trees on Geary Boulevard at Laguna Street
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water lines, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. Surface improvements managed by San Francisco Public Works are also underway, including upgraded traffic signals and streetlights, sidewalk extensions at bus stops and intersection corners, improved median refuges and red transit lane treatments..
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Stanyan Street – Van Ness Avenue
Mondays through Fridays between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.:
- Median work is planned for the weeks of July 26 and August 2 on Geary Boulevard at the intersections of Webster Street and Buchanan Street.
- New tree plantings are planned for the weeks of July 26 and August 2 on Geary Boulevard between Divisadero and Laguna streets.
- Installation of red thermoplastic colorization in the existing transit-only lanes is planned for the weeks of July 26 and August 2 on Geary Boulevard between Stanyan and Divisadero streets.
- Minor punch list repairs within the sidewalk and roadway are planned for the weeks of July 26 and August 2 on Geary Boulevard between Masonic and Webster streets.
- Construction of the expanded patio at Hamilton Recreation Center on Steiner Street is planned for the weeks of July 26 and August 2. Work is scheduled to begin at 7 a.m. at this location.
Van Ness Avenue – Market Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.:
- Water service connection work is planned for the weeks of July 26 and August 2 on Geary Street between Stockton and Kearny streets.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main on Geary. SFPUC will notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
- Roadway and sidewalk work are planned for the weeks of July 26 and August 2 at the intersection of Geary and Mason streets.
- Weekend work: Work is scheduled every day, including weekends, from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. at this location until Friday, July 30.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work. There may be brief vibrations during sidewalk and roadway excavation.
Questions or concerns? Contact us atGearyRapid@SFMTA.comor 415.646.2300.
For the most up-to-date Muni service information, parking enforcement and other updates, visit the SFMTA COVID-19 page.