Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: June 19 - July 2, 2021
Photo: Crossing distances are shorter at Geary and Laguna since new pedestrian bulbs were installed.
As part of theGeary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water lines, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. Surface transportation improvements, including upgraded traffic signals and streetlights, sidewalk extensions at bus stops and intersection corners, improved median refuges and roadway repaving, are also underway and are being managed by San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Steiner Street – Van Ness Avenue
Mondays through Fridays between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.:
- Sidewalk and median work are planned for the weeks of June 21 and June 28 on Geary Boulevard at the intersections of Steiner Street and Buchanan Street. The removal of the Monterey cypress tree that is in conflict with the new pedestrian crosswalk at Buchanan is planned to be removed on Monday, June 21. Work is scheduled to begin at 7:30 a.m. at this location.
- Minor punch list repairs within the sidewalk and roadway are planned for the weeks of June 21 and June 28 on Geary Boulevard between Masonic and Webster streets.
- Construction of the expanded patio at Hamilton Recreation Center on Steiner Street is planned for the weeks of June 21 and June 28. Work is scheduled to begin at 7 a.m. at this location.
Van Ness Avenue – Market Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.:
- Water service connection work is planned for the weeks of June 21 and June 28 on Geary Street between Stockton and Kearny streets.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main on Geary. SFPUC will notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
- Roadway and sidewalk work are planned for the weeks of June 21 and June 28 at the intersection of Geary and Mason streets.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work. There may be brief vibrations during sidewalk and roadway excavation.
Questions or concerns? Contact us atGearyRapid@SFMTA.comor 415.646.2300.
You can help San Francisco's vibrant commercial life rebound from COVID-19 by visiting local businesses in the Fillmore, Japantown, the Tenderloin and Union Square. As San Francisco begins to reopen from the latest citywide shutdown order, please check with individual businesses to confirm that they are open.
Shop & Dine in the 49. Find information about how to support local restaurants and businesses throughout San Francisco.
There are no planned temporary 38/38R bus stop relocations this week that are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
For the most up-to-date Muni service information, parking enforcement and other updates, visit the SFMTA COVID-19 page.