Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: October 17 - October 30, 2020
Photo: Concrete sidewalk restoration at Divisadero and Geary streets
Construction Forecast: October 17 – October 30, 2020
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water lines, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. Surface improvements, including upgraded traffic signals and streetlights, sidewalk extensions at bus stops and intersection corners, improved median refuges and roadway repaving, are also underway and are being managed by San Francisco Public Works.
Geary Rapid Project construction is currently scheduled to continue during the shelter in place order, with crews observing social distancing requirements and a safe working environment. The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Stanyan Street – Franklin Street
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Minor sewer work is planned for the weeks of October 19 and October 26 at the intersections of Webster Street and Buchanan Street.
- Concrete roadway base work is planned for the weeks of October 19 and October 26 on Geary Boulevard from Steiner to Webster streets and from Laguna to Franklin streets.
- During the week of October 19, the stop at Geary Boulevard and Baker Street will be unavailable. The bus stop will be relocated east across the street. See posted signs.
- Asphalt roadway repaving is planned for the week of October 26 at the intersection of Geary Boulevard and Franklin Street.
- Traffic signal and streetlight work is planned for the weeks of October 19 and October 26 at the intersections of Commonwealth/Beaumont avenues, Steiner Street, Webster Street, and Buchanan Street.
- Installation of underground conduits for future fiber-optic cables is planned for the weeks of October 19 and October 26 on westbound Geary Boulevard from Stanyan to Parker streets.
- Curb ramp and sidewalk extension work is planned for the weeks of October 19 and October 26 on Geary Boulevard at the intersections of Divisadero Street, Scott Street, Steiner Street, Fillmore Street and Webster Street.
- During active sidewalk work, the inbound and outbound 38/38R bus stops at Divisadero Street, Scott Street and Fillmore Street will be temporarily relocated nearby. Look for “Board Here” signs.
Van Ness Avenue – Market Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Water main work is planned for the weeks of October 19 and October 26 on Geary Street between Hyde and Jones streets (service connections) and between Taylor and Kearny streets (services connections and main pipe installation and testing).
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main on Geary. SFPUC will notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work. There may be brief vibrations during sidewalk and roadway excavation.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
You can do your part to help San Francisco's vibrant commercial life rebound from COVID-19 by visiting local businesses. Click below to see what's open in your neighborhood:
Banner advertising permits for outdoor space for businesses.
The following 38/38R bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. These changes are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
- Mondays – Fridays, October 12 – November 12, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.:
The inbound and outbound 38/38R Geary bus stops between 33rd and 42nd avenues will be temporarily relocated nearby during roadway work.
View a list of temporary bus stop relocations citywide.
For the most up to date Muni service information, parking enforcement, and other updates visit SFMTA.com/COVID19.