Outside Lands: August 9-11, 2019
The 12th Annual Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival will take place on the weekend of August 9-11, 2019 at Golden Gate Park. The event is expected to attract 225,000 people over the course of the weekend. The SFMTA is working to further mitigate transportation challenges around this event and take an innovative approach by providing attendees a menu of transportation options. Mobility options include enhanced Muni service, taxi stands, passenger loading zones, and an active transportation hub, which will include bike valet and parking as well as multiple bikeshare options. Some streets will be closed to reduce congestion and ensure high-quality Muni service.
- Muni Service
- Street Closures
- Passenger Loading Zones
- Active Transportation Hub
- Parking and Driveway Access
Muni will provide extra service on the N Judah and 5R Fulton Rapid. Each night of the festival, Muni will provide 5X Fulton Express service from Golden Gate Park to Civic Center BART Station. Due to increased ridership for this event as well as others around the city, concertgoers should allow extra travel time on the N Judah and all bus lines serving Golden Gate Park. Traffic in the area will also be heavy.
Muni will provide extra service to Golden Gate Park in addition to the regular scheduled service. Extra service will not serve the entire route. The N Judah will have extra trains along the full route; extra buses on Fulton will have different destination signs so you can tell them apart from buses operating on regular schedules. See below for the detailed information.
5R Fulton Rapid
to The Richmond
|2 to 9:30 p.m.||30th Ave.|
|N Judah||3 to 11:30 p.m.||Ocean Beach||Use normal N stops.|
Each night of the festival, from 9:45 to 11:00 p.m., Muni will provide 5X Fulton Express service from Golden Gate Park to Civic Center BART Station.
5X Fulton Express
to Civic Center
|9:45 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.||METRO---BART||
- The N Judah will have extra vehicles operating from 2 to 11:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- The 7 Haight/Noriega, 28 19th Avenue, 29 Sunset and 44 O'Shaughnessy serve areas of Golden Gate Park and may be subject to crowds.
- The 7X Noriega Express and 28R 19th Avenue Rapid may experience delays due to crowding on Friday.
- On Saturday, August 10, the annual Pistahan Parade will close a portion of Market Street from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Muni Service on Market Street will be impacted. If you want to go to Golden Gate Park during the Pistahan Parade, consider taking the N Judah.
Save time and money by taking Muni. Buy your Muni ticket now with MuniMobile®.
Muni is your best way to and from Outside Lands. Save time and money by purchasing your ticket ahead of time with the MuniMobile® app, available on iOS and Android. Purchase tickets in advance, then activate them when you’re ready to ride. You can even buy tickets for your friends on a single phone. With MuniMobile®, your phone is your fare.
Customers may also use a preloaded Clipper card, or purchase tickets at any Muni Metro or BART station.
These streets will be closed to automobiles during the festival, all weekend:
- All streets in Golden Gate Park west of Park Presidio and Crossover, and Sunset between Irving and Martin Luther King from Thursday, August 8 at 8 p.m. to Sunday, August 11 at 11 p.m. For more details on Golden Gate Park road closures, visit Recreation and Park Department's Golden Gate Park road closures webpage.
- John F. Kennedy from Transverse to 36th Ave. during the week prior through the two days after (Monday, August 5 - Tuesday, August 13), bicycle access allowed
To avoid congestion, there will be established, temporary passenger loading zones for taxis and for others, including ride-hail vehicles (Lyft, Uber, etc.) and private charter buses, and blackout zones where pick-ups and drop-offs will be strictly prohibited.
Don't feel like waiting or searching for a ride-hail vehicle? Take a taxi!
Temporary taxi stands for the event will be in place at the following locations from Friday at 9 a.m. to Monday at 2 a.m.:
- South side of Fulton at 28th and 29th avenues
- South side of Fulton at 24th and 25th avenues
The pick-up and drop-off areas for other vehicles, including ride-hail vehicles and private charter buses, are:
Outer Sunset, south side of park:
- North side of Irving, between 25th and 27th avenues
Outer Richmond, north side of park along Washington High School
- North side of Balboa, between 30th and 31st avenues
- West side of 30th Ave, between Balboa and Anza
Pick-ups and drop-offs will be strictly prohibited on these streets on Friday and Saturday from 9 to 11:30 p.m. and on Sunday from 8:30 to 11 p.m. Citations will be issued for loading in Muni stops and these blackout zones:
Outer Sunset, south side of park:
- Lincoln Way, between 25th and 41st avenues
- Outer Richmond, north side of park:
- Fulton, between 26th to 37th avenues
- 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st, 32nd, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 36th and 37th avenues, between Fulton and Cabrillo
- Golden Gate Park from Friday at 11 a.m. to Sunday at 11:59 p.m.
- All streets in Golden Gate Park including Crossover
Ride your bike or bikeshare with confidence to Outside Lands at the Active Transportation Hub, provided by Another Planet Entertainment.
Monitored bike valet and parking, Ford GoBike stations, and JUMP bikes will be provided in the Active Transportation Hub north of Hellman Hollow near Transverse and Overlook all weekend from 10 a.m. to 1-hour after the last act each day. For more information, visit the Outside Lands Travel & Accommodations webpage.
Parking will be extremely limited. The SFMTA will respond to blocked driveway and sidewalk access complaints via 311 (or 415-701-2311) and the 311 app.
The San Francisco Transportation Code allows residents to park in the street and block one's own driveway as long as the driveway does not serve more than 2 tenants. Any multifamily units of 3 or more may not block the driveway. Vehicles may never be parked on the sidewalk. During Outside Lands, the SFMTA will enforce blocked driveways on a complaint basis only.