Potrero Yard Modernization Project November Update
► Potrero Yard tours restarting — We are restarting public tours of Potrero Yard, and invite you to attend. Join a tour for a behind-the-scenes look at how a transit yard works and see why our 106-year-old yard needs to be rebuilt. Upcoming tours will be offered on the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.
Each tour time has a capacity limit of 10 people. To reserve a spot, visit the tour registration page.
► October tabling events — The Potrero Yard Modernization Project team participated in two community events in October.
On Saturday, October 16, we enjoyed a sunny day at the Potrero Hill Festival on 20th Street. Highlights included a cyclist taking his two pet ducks out for a ride and a kiddie choo-choo train which chugged slowly up and down 20th Street. Talk about light rail!
Kerstin Magary of SFMTA’s Facilities Division negotiates a busy thoroughfare that features ducks and trains at the Potrero Hill Festival, October 16, 2021.
On Sunday, October 17, we set up our tables along Valencia Street and Shotwell Street to participate in the city-wide Phoenix Day event. We provided mini-pumpkins and art supplies to entertain kids, and met a wide range of people who were interested in the project.
Tim Kempf (L) from San Francisco Public Works answers questions about the Potrero Yard Modernization Project from a community member during San Francisco Phoenix Day, October 17, 2021.
► SFMTA Policy and Governance Committee meeting, Nov. 23, 9 a.m. — The Potrero Yard Modernization Project will be presenting an update to the SFMTA Policy and Governance Committee on Tuesday November 23, 2021. The meeting will be streamed online and community members can comment during the meeting. We invite you to join:
- Tuesday, November 23, 9 a.m.
- WATCH ONLINE: Click here to join the meeting
- PUBLIC COMMENT CALL IN: 888-251-2909, ACCESS CODE: 458473
To submit a comment in advance of the meeting, please send an email to MTABoard@sfmta.com by 5 p.m. on Monday, November 22 or call (415) 646-4470.
► Project timeline reminder
- The project is in the Request For Proposals (RFP) phase right now, and proposals are due December 30, 2021.
- We are targeting late February 2022 for selection of the project developer
- Construction of the temporary bus yard at Muni Metro East (MME) is scheduled to begin in mid-2022.
- Construction of Potrero Yard is scheduled to begin in 2023.