Proposed Commuter Shuttle Zone Changes at December 6th MTA Board Hearing
Thank you for your continued interest in the SFMTA Commuter Shuttle Program. We would like to inform you of proposed commuter shuttle zone changes at the SFMTA Board meeting on Tuesday, December 6th at 1pm in City Hall Room 400.
The 2016-2017 Commuter Shuttle Program was approved in March 2016 by the SFMTA Board and has been in effect since April 1, 2016. The 2016-2017 Program includes measures to keep larger shuttles on designated arterials and off smaller streets, reduce vehicle miles traveled (VMT) and emissions, and ensure a safe and efficient transportation network for everyone on San Francisco streets.
The proposed changes at the December 6th meeting include a number of efforts to remove shuttles from the steep portion of Divisadero Street between California Street and Broadway while minimizing conflicts between Muni and shuttles along the Divisadero corridor:
Divisadero Street at California Street:
- Remove the Muni zone at the northeast corner of Divisadero and California Streets from the commuter shuttle network – shuttles would no longer be able to use this Muni zone.
Divisadero Street at Bush Street:
- Designate the Muni zone at the northeast corner of the intersection as a shared commuter shuttle zone
- Lengthen this Muni zone to accommodate the additional Muni and shuttle bus traffic. Part of the zone would remain open for parking outside of the evening peak hours.
- Reconfigure the commercial loading zones on the east side of Divisadero between Bush and Pine to make it easier and safer for trucks to load
- Add an additional short-term parking spot along the block
You can view the entire agenda and supporting documents on the SFMTA Board website. Comments may be submitted via email to MTABoard@sfmta.com or via public comment at the meeting.
If you have any questions please contact Alex Jonlin at email@example.com.