11th Street Improvement Project
The 11th Street Improvement Project proposes to enhance the overall safety of 11th Street from Market Street to Division Street. 11th Street serves as a major connector to and from Civic Center, SoMa, the Mission District and the Caltrain Station and is home to diverse community members, businesses, and entertainment. The primary goals of the project include:
- Improving safety for all road users
- Making 11th Street a better corridor for people who walk and bike
- Improving connections to transit with enhanced transit stops.
This project will identify options to make the corridor a more inviting, safe and comfortable experience for all road users.
PROPOSED NEAR-TERM IMPROVEMENTS
The SFMTA's proposed near-term improvements include the following:
- Mission Street to Market Street northbound protected bikeway
- Division Street to Harrison Street northbound protected bikeway
- Continental crosswalks across alleys and intersections
PROPOSED LONG-TERM IMPROVEMENTS
- Overhead wiring relocation and pole replacement
- Two travel lanes on 11th Street (one in each direction) between Market Street and Division Street
- New bike lane configuration between Mission Street and Harrison Street
- Maintain existing left and right turn lanes
- Two new Ford GoBike bike share stations at the intersections of 11th Street and Minna Street and 11th Street and Market Street.
Preliminary Engineering/Outreach - Winter 2016 to Summer 2017
Project Outreach - Summer 2017 to Fall 2017
NEAR-TERM IMPROVEMENTS TIMELINE
Environmental Clearance – Summer 2018 to Fall 2018
Legislation – Fall 2018 to Winter 2018
Detailed Design - Winter 2018 to Spring 2019
Construction - Spring 2019