11th Street Improvement Project
The 11th Street Improvement Project proposes to enhance the overall safety of 11th Street from Market Street to Division Street. 11th Street serves as a major connector to and from Civic Center, SoMa, the Mission District and the Caltrain Station and is home to diverse community members, businesses, and entertainment. The primary goals of the project include:
- Improving safety for all road users
- Making 11th Street a better corridor for people who walk and bike
- Improving connections to transit with enhanced transit stops.
This project will identify options to make the corridor a more inviting, safe and comfortable experience for all road users.
PROPOSED NEAR-TERM IMPROVEMENTS
The SFMTA's proposed near-term improvements include the following:
- Two travel lanes on 11th Street (one in each direction) between Market Street and Division Street
- New bike lane configuration between Market Street and Division Street
- Maintain existing left and right turn lanes
- Continental crosswalks across alleys and intersections
- Two new FordGo bikeshare stations at the intersections of 11th Street and Minna Street and 11th Street and Market Street.
- Potential transit boarding island at 11th Street and Market.
The SFMTA is also considering potential long-term improvement for 11th Street.
Preliminary Engineering/Outreach - Winter 2016 to Summer 2017
Project Outreach - Summer 2017 to Fall 2017
Environmental Clearance - Fall 2017 to Winter 2017/2018
Legislation - Winter 2017/2018
Detailed Design - Winter 2018 to Spring 2018
Construction - Spring 2018 to Summer 2018