Ramp Taxi Incentive Program
Update: May 26, 2023
To be eligible for the ramp incentive program, all ramp drivers must be logged onto an SFMTA-approved e-hailing app (currently Flywheel only) for at least 80 hours per month. Eligibility for credentials will be based on trips provided two months prior (i.e. credentials distributed in October will be based on trips provided in August).
- $10 per paratransit trip incentive: for every wheelchair trip provided in a ramp taxi to a paratransit customer, driver receives a $10 incentive.
- $10 per public trip incentive: for every wheelchair trip provided in a ramp taxi to a general public customer, driver receives a $10 incentive.
- $15 per trip incentive for trips after 8:00pm and before 6:00am: for every wheelchair trip provided in a ramp taxi to a paratransit or general public customer during the hours of 8:00pm to 6:00am, driver receives a $15 incentive ($10 for IVR transactions).
- $15 per trip for wheelchair trips which originate in outlying areas: for every wheelchair trip provided in a ramp taxi to a paratransit or general public customer in the outlying areas of San Francisco, as identified on the map on page 3, driver receives a $15 incentive per trip ($10 for IVR transactions).
Map of the Outlying Areas of San Francisco
This pass entitles qualifying ramp taxi drivers to: (1) skip the virtual queue, (2) directly enter the short line and (3) qualify for short trip privileges, if the trip qualifies as is a short trip. To qualify for the Airport Short Incentive, ramp drivers must meet all of the following requirements:
- Ramp taxi drivers that have completed 30 wheelchair trips per month, of which:
- At least 20 must be provided to SF Paratransit wheelchair users.
- At least 10 must be completed in the outlying area of San Francisco or after hours (8PM – 6AM).
- Drivers must serve 8 unique paratransit riders in the month.
Ramp taxi drivers who earn this incentive will be eligible to use their passes the following month (i.e. those who met the requirements to earn Airport Short Passes in January will be able to use their passes in March). Qualifying ramp taxi drivers will be notified by SFMTA if they have earned this incentive.
Vehicle Capital and Operating Incentive
SFMTA and SF Paratransit has a program to help support those interested in owning and operating a vehicle for the ramp taxi program. Applicants must have a ramp medallion prior to applying. For up to 36 months, the selected applicants can earn:
- Capital Incentive: Individuals can earn $400 (used vehicle) or $600 (new vehicle) per month to offset the cost to purchase a wheelchair accessible vehicle
- Operating Incentive: Individuals can earn $400 per month to help subsidize the higher fuel and maintenance of operating a ramp taxi vehicle
For more information or to apply for this program, please see the Ramp Taxi Capital and Operating Incentive Program.