Loading Zones on Townsend from 4th to 5th
Starting Monday, March 2, 2020, the following permanent changes will occur on the south side of Townsend Street between 4th and 5th streets:
- The inbound 47 Van Ness and 83X Mid-Market Express will drop off and lay over near 5th Street.
- Loading for private shuttles and cars will occur in the white zone mid-block.
- The 10 Townsend will load passengers and the 47 Van Ness and 83X Mid-Market Express will pick up outbound passengers at the bus shelter on the floating sidewalk.
- Two pedestrian crosswalks are designated for people crossing from Caltrain across the bike lane to the floating sidewalk/bus shelter.
- The taxi zone will be restored to its original location on Townsend Street, east of the bus zone near 4th Street
- The curb along the Caltrain entrance on 4th Street will return to loading zone status.
Muni customers, pedestrians, people on bicycles, drivers and other road users should be mindful of the new configuration for vehicles, transit, pedestrians and bicycles all along the south side of Townsend Street, particularly near the Caltrain station. For bicycles and vehicles crossing 4th Street in an eastward direction, there are signal changes to assist with traffic flow.