Outreach Summary for the 1-California Temporary Emergency Transit Lane Project (March 2021)
The SFMTA conducted extensive outreach this winter to seek input on the proposed transit improvements for Muni's 1 California. Outreach included a mailer sent to properties near the project area, email and text updates, posters along the corridor, meetings with local stakeholders, feedback by phone and email and two communitywide meetings. In response to this feedback and in recognition of the limited street space in this area, the proposal has been revised:
On California Street
- No change to the previous proposal.
On Clay Street
- Removed proposed new temporary emergency transit lanes between Leavenworth and Jones streets and Taylor and Mason streets.
- Removed proposed additional 9 -10 a.m. transit lane hour between Powell and Grant streets. Reduced proposed new evening hours on those blocks by one hour to 3 - 6 p.m. Loading zones at Chinatown Community Childcare Center and Clay Medical Center will be retained.
- Removed proposed additional morning and evening peak transit lane hours between Grant and Leidesdorff streets.
On Sacramento Street
- Removed proposed additional 9 - 10 a.m. transit lane hour between Stockton and Kearny streets. Retained proposed additional evening peak time on these blocks.
Please refer to the Outreach Summary document (PDF) for more details.