Geary Rapid Project: Construction Forecast April 5 - April 21, 2019
The first phase of construction as part of the Geary Rapid Project continues. Work to replace aging water and sewer lines between Masonic and Van Ness avenues is being done in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Permanent traffic signal change at Geary Blvd./Laguna Street starting April 11:
To improve the safety of people crossing at Geary Boulevard and Laguna Street, traffic signals will be retimed beginning Thursday, April 11. Currently, northbound and southbound vehicle traffic on Laguna moves at the same time. After the change, north- and southbound traffic will be split into two separate phases so each side has its own green light, allowing vehicles turning left onto Geary to focus on yielding to people in the crosswalk. The new timing will also increase the amount of time for people to cross.
Mondays through Fridays between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Water main replacement work is planned for the weeks of April 8 and April 15 on Geary Boulevard between Lyon and Scott streets.
- Some parking will be temporarily restricted on the north side of Geary Boulevard in the area until water work is complete. Westbound traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
- Bus stops on Geary in this area will be relocated slightly during water work. Look for orange “Board Here” signs nearby.
Weekend work between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.:
- The eastbound Geary frontage road from Presidio Avenue to Lyon Street will be closed Saturday April 6 and Sunday, April 7 while crews work on water main replacement. Work is also planned for Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14.
- Eastbound traffic will be slightly detoured, and parking will be restricted on the south side of Geary Boulevard between Presidio Avenue and Lyon Street.
- No bus stops will be affected. Inbound 38/38R Geary buses will be slightly rerouted, which will add some travel time.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.