Islais Creek/Bayview Community Meeting
Laying a Foundation for the Future: Waterfront Resilience in Islais Creek/Bayview
San Francisco‘s shoreline will experience more frequent and severe flooding in the future. The southeastern stretch of the waterfront, including Islais Creek and the Bayview, faces unique challenges which require solutions responsive to the needs and priorities of people living and working in these areas. To address these flood risks, along with seismic vulnerabilities, the Port is leading the Waterfront Resilience Program. Learn more at sfportresilience.com
Join the Port of San Francisco, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, San Francisco Planning, San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) and other City partners, at an upcoming community meeting to learn more about the coordinated resilience projects in the Islais Creek/Bayview neighborhood and help shape the shoreline’s future with your ideas and priorities.
Public input is needed to ensure that community assets are properly identified and protected, and that efforts to protect the waterfront reflect the priorities of the community, and a shared vision for the future.
Refreshments will be provided.
All ages encouraged, this is a family-friendly evening!
This meeting is designed to encourage public discussion and engagement on questions such as:
- How can the City facilitate deeper neighborhood and community resilience related to climate hazards and risks?
- Which community assets, including transportation infrastructure, public safety resources, utilities, open spaces, and landmarks are most important to protect from flooding, and which are the top priorities for investment?
- How can solutions be implemented in a way that is consistent with the community’s vision, goals and principles?
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? Public transportation is encouraged. The Southeast Facility is located near the Third Street Muni Light Rail (T) Oakdale/Palou station and bus routes.
- Is translation available for limited-English proficiency attendees? Translation is available when requested three business days in advance at (415) 274-0400.
- Is the event ADA accessible? Yes, the event is ADA accessible, with access to accessible restrooms.
- Is the event family-friendly? Yes, we hope to see many families at the meeting and there will be an activity table for younger audiences.
- How can I contact the organizer with questions? Please contact Kirsten Southey at (415) 274-0400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.