Potrero Yard Reimagined - Spring 2020 Virtual Update and Conversation
Join the Conversation!
We understand that sheltering in place makes community engagement more challenging, and we are working to provide opportunities to continue a transparent, open dialogue during this time.
So, we recently sent out a spring 2020 update brochure (review the PDF below) through the mail and email to residents who live near Potrero Yard, Muni employees, and community stakeholders who are generally interested in the project.
Participate in virtual conversations and telephone events (two events scheduled for June 6 - see below for details):
Saturday, June 6 @ 11 AM to Noon (English - Broadnet), Call 877-229-8493 and enter 119593#
- The call will be hosted on a platform using a backend interface to manage the calls.
- Callers will ask questions by hitting *3 and speak to a screener.
- While they are in the queue, they can still hear the event, and when it’s their turn they will go live.
Saturday, June 6 @ 1 PM to 2 PM (Spanish - Zoom call in only), Call +1-669-900-6833 and enter 81568997301#
- This is a phone-only event.
- The call will be facilitated primarily in Spanish.
- English-speaking members of the project team will respond to participants' questions and the content will be interpreted by the moderator.
- Calls will be taken in the order received, keeping all participants on mute until called on.
We hope you can join us!
You can also provide input by participating in a phone-based survey by texting “Potrero” to (415) 599-8662 and send comments via email to PotreroYard@sfmta.com.
Where We Are Now
The environmental review process is underway, and we are developing a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a joint development partner to design and build the project. We are also introducing legislation to the Board of Supervisors that will enable the SFMTA to deliver the project following a continued public process and environmental review and approval process.
Since November 2019, we have been working with the Planning Department on the environmental review process (CEQA) that will analyze potential environmental impacts and identify strategies for mitigating those impacts.
At the same time, we are working on the RFQ and RFP to procure a joint development partner to finance and build the project. The RFQ process will evaluate the qualifications of proposed project teams and determine the top three responders based on an evaluation of their relevant experience and qualifications. Those top three responders would then be invited to submit a full proposal through a subsequent RFP process. We hope to release the initial RFQ in early June to develop the shortlist of qualified firms. We will then issue an RFP to shortlisted firms in late summer.