SFMTA Updates Muni Service Plan for Wednesday PM Commute
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), which manages transportation in the city, including the Municipal Railway (Muni), has announced an updated Muni service plan for Wednesday afternoon’s commute to accommodate a large decrease in the availability of operators for light rail vehicles. The agency continues to advise customers of ongoing delays and missing service as the third day of the sickout continues.
Customers should continue to monitor media news outlets and real-time Muni updates for information about service. For real-time Muni updates during the week, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m., follow us on www.twitter.com/sfmta_muni or sign up for e-mail or text alerts at www.sfmta.com.
BART is still accepting customers with a valid Muni proof of payment between Daly City and Embarcadero stations. Muni customers are advised to go to the BART Station Agent gate to request entrance to the BART system rather than tagging their Clipper card.
All routes and lines continue to experience missed and delayed service. Customers should expect crowding and waits of up to 60 minutes. Some routes may be turned back mid route to help minimize crowding. Announcements will be made via NextBus, on vehicles or in Metro stations.
Muni Metro (J Church, K Ingleside, L Taraval, M Ocean View, N Judah, T Third)
As of approximately 3 p.m., Wednesday: the J, L, M & N will operate on short routes with limited bus shuttles to the terminals. All Metro lines will continue to operate with two-car trains to maximize capacity. Customers should allow extra time for transfers. See details below.
- J Church will operate between Embarcadero Station and 30th Street. Limited bus shuttle service will be provided between 30th Street and Balboa Park Station. Customers traveling between Balboa Park Station and 30th are encouraged to use BART or Mission Street routes.
- K Ingleside will operate on its regular route
- L Taraval will operate between Embarcadero Station and 22nd Avenue. Limited bus shuttle service will be provided between 22nd Avenue and the Zoo.
- M Ocean View will operate between Embarcadero Station and SF State. Limited bus shuttle service will be provided between 19th Avenue and Holloway and Balboa Park Station.
- N Judah will operate on its regular route; however, some inbound N Line trains will be turned back at Embarcadero Station as needed. These adjustments will be made in the subway.
- T Third will operate on its regular route
Muni Bus Service
- All Limited routes will be in operation.
- All Express routes will be in operation, along with the 88-BART Shuttle and the 3 Jackson.
The cable cars are not in operation. Cable car lines will continue to be covered by limited bus shuttle service.
The F Market & Wharves Line will continue to operate only between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Ferry Building. For service along Market Street, please use Muni Metro.
Biking or Walking
In addition to transit, carpooling and parking, the SFMTA recommends that commuters consider bicycling and walking when these options are viable. If you plan to use a bicycle for your commute, a map of bicycle routes is available on sfmta.com.
Evening taxi stands are at downtown hotels. A map of the hotel stands is available on sfmta.com. Additional information about official San Francisco taxis is also available on our website. Most San Francisco taxis can be accessed through the Flywheel smartphone app.
Other options include flexible work hours to avoid the peak commuting periods and telecommuting.