Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: August 17 - August 30, 2019
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water and sewer lines on Geary Boulevard, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. The next stage of work to replace water mains on Geary Street east of Van Ness Avenue is preparing to begin and is being coordinated with San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Masonic Avenue – Fillmore Street
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Sewer main replacement is planned for the weeks of August 19 and August 26 on the southside of Geary Boulevard between Steiner and Fillmore streets and at the intersection of Scott Street and of Steiner Street.
- Connection of new water main pipes is planned for the weeks of August 19 and August 26 at Scott Street.
Installation of underground conduit for fiber optic cables is planned for the weeks of August 19 and August 26 between Divisadero and Scott streets. During active conduit work, the following bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby:
- Inbound 38/38R bus stop at Divisadero Street will be relocated to the east side of the intersection.
- Inbound 38 bus stop at Scott Street will be relocated to the west side of the intersection.
Van Ness Avenue – Polk Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Excavation of small exploratory holes to verify the locations of existing underground utilities is planned for the week of August 19.
- Water main replacement work is planned for the weeks of August 19 and August 26 on Geary Street between Van Ness and Polk streets.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
Your Geary Rapid Project newsletter has arrived
The following 38/38R bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. These changes are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
- Mondays - Saturdays, July 25-August 23, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.:
The outbound 38/38R Geary bus stop at 40th Avenue will be temporarily relocated to the west side of 40th Avenue during utility excavation work.
- Mondays-Saturdays, August 12-August 24, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
The outbound 38 Geary bus stops at Collins Street and Spruce Street will be temporarily relocated during utility excavation work.
- Saturday-Sunday, August 24-August 25, 12:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O’Farrell Street at Grant Street will be temporarily relocated west to Stockton Street during utility excavation work.
- Mondays-Fridays, August 5-August 30, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O’Farrell Street at Van Ness Avenue will be temporarily relocated west towards Franklin Street while work related to the Van Ness Improvement Project is performed.
To view a map of temporary bus stop relocations citywide, please visit: SFMTA.com/TempStopMap