Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: December 28, 2019 - January 10, 2020
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water and sewer lines on Geary Boulevard, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, will resume in early January 2020. Work to replace water mains on Geary Street east of Van Ness Avenue is being coordinated with San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Masonic Avenue – Gough Street
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Water main installation is planned to begin again on January 2 and continue the week of January 6 on Geary Boulevard between Webster and Laguna streets.
Van Ness Avenue – Hyde Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Water main installation, connection and testing is planned to begin again on January 2 and continue the week of January 6 on Geary Street between Polk and Hyde streets.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main. SFPUC will directly notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
The following 38/38R bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. These changes are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
- Mondays - Sundays, November 1 - December 31, all day:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O'Farrell Street at Van Ness Avenue will be temporarily relocated west towards Franklin Street while work related to the Van Ness Improvement Project is performed.
- Mondays - Fridays, December 16 - December 31, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
The 38/38R Geary/38-AX "A" Express bus stops on Geary Boulevard at 40th Avenue outbound and at 39th Avenue inbound will be temporarily relocated nearby during construction.
To view a map of temporary bus stop relocations citywide, please visit: SFMTA.com/TempStopMap