Geary Rapid Project: Construction Forecast February 16 - 24, 2019
The first phase of construction as part of the Geary Rapid Project has begun. Work to replace aging water and sewer lines between Masonic and Van Ness avenues is being done in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
- The eastbound Geary frontage road from Presidio Avenue to Lyon Street will be closed from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m, from February 16 through February 18 (Presidents’ Day Holiday), while crews work on sewer main replacement. Weekend work is also expected from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the following two weekends.
- Eastbound traffic will be slightly detoured, and parking will be restricted on the south side of Geary Boulevard between Presidio Avenue and Lyon Street.
- No bus stops will be affected. Inbound 38/38R Geary buses will be slightly rerouted, which will add some travel time.
Weekday work begins:
- Potholing (locating existing underground utilities) and water main replacement on eastbound Geary Boulevard between Divisadero and Scott streets is expected to begin Tuesday, February 19. Active work hours are planned Mondays through Fridays between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Parking will be temporarily restricted on the south side of Geary Boulevard in the area until water work is complete. Eastbound traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
- Bus stops may be slightly relocated during water work. Look for orange “Board Here” signs nearby.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.