Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: February 22 - March 6, 2020
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water and sewer lines on Geary Boulevard, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. Water main replacement and sidewalk improvements are also being coordinated with Public Works east of Van Ness Avenue.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Fillmore Street – Franklin Street
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Water and sewer main installation is planned for the weeks of February 24 and March 2 at the intersection of Geary Boulevard and Gough Street and on westbound Geary Boulevard from Gough to Franklin streets.
Van Ness Avenue – Leavenworth Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Water main installation, connection and testing is planned for the weeks of February 24 and March 2 on Geary Street between Polk and Hyde streets.
- During active water work, the outbound 38/inbound 19 bus stop on Geary at Larkin will be temporarily relocated west towards Polk Street. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main on Geary. SFPUC will notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
- Installation of underground foundations for new traffic signal and streetlight poles is planned for the weeks of February 24 and March 2 at the intersections of O'Farrell and Hyde, Geary and Hyde, O'Farrell and Leavenworth, Geary and Leavenworth streets, and Geary and Mason streets.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work. There may be brief vibrations during sidewalk and roadway excavation.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
The following 38/38R bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. These changes are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
- Mondays - Sundays, January 1 - March 13, all day:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O'Farrell Street at Van Ness Avenue will be temporarily relocated west towards Franklin Street while work related to the Van Ness Improvement Project is performed.
To view a list of temporary bus stop relocations citywide, please visit: SFMTA.com/TempStopMap