Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: January 25 - February 7, 2020
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water and sewer lines on Geary Boulevard, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. Water main replacement and sidewalk improvements are also being coordinated with Public Works east of Van Ness Avenue.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Masonic Avenue – Van Ness Avenue
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Water main installation is planned for the weeks of January 27 and February 3 on eastbound Geary Boulevard between Laguna and Gough streets and on westbound Geary Boulevard from Gough to Franklin streets.
- Water and sewer work between Masonic and Fillmore streets (“Segment A”) is substantially complete. The contractor will work to complete minor remaining sewer and water items and begin to demobilize and remove equipment the weeks of January 27 and February 3.
Van Ness Avenue – Hyde Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Water main installation, connection and testing is planned for the weeks of January 27 and February 3 on Geary Street between Van Ness Avenue and Hyde Street.
- During active water work, the outbound 38/inbound 19 bus stop on Geary at Larkin will be temporarily relocated west towards Polk Street. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main. SFPUC will notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
- Work to install pedestrian bulbs (sidewalk extensions to improve safety for people walking) and curb ramps is planned for the weeks of January 27 and February 3 at the intersection of O'Farrell and Larkin streets.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
The following 38/38R bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. These changes are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
- Mondays - Sundays, January 1 - March 13, all day:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O'Farrell Street at Van Ness Avenue will be temporarily relocated west towards Franklin Street while work related to the Van Ness Improvement Project is performed.
- Mondays - Fridays, December 16 - January 31, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
The 38/38R Geary/38-AX "A" Express bus stops on Geary Boulevard at 40th Avenue outbound and at 39th Avenue inbound will be temporarily relocated nearby during construction.
To view a list of temporary bus stop relocations citywide, please visit: SFMTA.com/TempStopMap