Public Hearing December 11, 2019
The SFMTA and the Office of District 6 Supervisor Matt Haney will be holding an open house on Wednesday, December 11, 2019, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Bessie Carmichael School, 375 7th Street. Drop in anytime during the event to learn more about past, present, and future bicycle and pedestrian safety projects in the South of Market and Tenderloin neighborhoods of District 6.
This event will feature an engineering public hearing to gather further public input on the proposed changes of the 7th Street Quick-Build Safety Project. The proposed changes on 7th Street between Townsend Street and Folsom Street, include the following:
- Upgrading the existing bike lane on 7th Street between Townsend Street and Folsom Street to a protected bikeway to provide a safer and more comfortable place for people traveling by bike.
- Reprioritizing one vehicle traffic lane between Brannan Street and Folsom Street to accommodate the new bike facility.
- Upgrading existing bus flag stops to transit boarding islands to improve transit safety and reliability.
- Relocating the 19 Polk inbound bus stop currently on 7th Street north of Townsend Street to Townsend Street, west of 7th Street.
- Installing pedestrian safety improvements such as intersection red zones and advanced limit lines throughout the project corridor.
If you would like to comment on these proposed changes, you may attend the public hearing or submit comments in writing before the hearing:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Public Hearing: 7th Street”
- In Person: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, any time between 6 to 8 p.m. at Bessie Carmichael School, 375 7th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Mail: Public Hearing, Sustainable Streets Division, One South Van Ness Avenue, 7th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103-5417
For general information on the 7th Street Quick-Build Project and updates, please visit www.sfmta.com/7thStreet.
For more information on the District 6 Bicycle and Pedestrian Street Safety Open House, please visit www.sfmta.com/District6BikeWalk.