Sunday Streets Sunset/Golden Gate Park
Sunday Streets is an open streets event put on as a joint project between SFMTA and Livable City to promote active lifestyles and bicycle and pedestrian activities. These events close streets to automobile traffic and turn them over for bicycle and pedestrian activities. The Sunset/Golden Gate Park event is the longest and most scenic Sunday Streets route, traveling through Golden Gate Park and along the Great Highway. The event will close John F Kennedy Drive and the Great Highway from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 11, 2017.
Several streets will be closed for this event and the 18 46th Avenue Route will be impacted. This page contains the details of these impacts.
The 18 46th Avenue Route will reroute starting at 9:30 a.m. until streets are clear, about 4:30 p.m. The table below lists which stops will be missed.
|Route and Direction||Missed Stops||Alternate Stops|
|18 46th Avenue
to the Outer Richmond
|18 46th Avenue
We want you to be safe! Muni vehicles stop only at existing marked Muni stops.
The following lines and routes might experience delays due to increased traffic from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.:
- N Judah
- L Taraval
- 5 Fulton
- 7 Haight/Noriega
- 28 19th Ave
- 29 Sunset
Street Closure Information: The closures will be in effect from 10 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Personnel from the San Francisco Police Department, Recreation and Park Department and the SFMTA will be present to control traffic.
- Lincoln Way (westbound only), between Martin Luther King Drive and Great Highway
- Great Highway, between Lincoln and Sloat
- Martin Luther King Drive, between from Lincoln Way to Middle Drive West
- Transverse Drive from Middle Drive West to John F. Kennedy Drive
- John F. Kennedy Drive from Transverse Drive to Crossover Drive
Golf course access will be allowed at Fulton and 47th Avenue only.
Through traffic will be allowed on:
- Chain of Lakes Drive between 43rd Avenue (north side of Golden Gate Park) and 41st Avenue (south side of Golden Gate Park)
- Northbound and Southbound Highway 1
- Cross Over Drive to 25th Avenue
- Southbound Great Highway to Lincoln Way
La Playa Street at Lincoln Way will be open for eastbound traffic.