3rd Street Project Construction Forecast: February 22 - March 6, 2020
The following two-week construction forecast is tentative and subject to change due to weather delays, unexpected field conditions or construction crew availability.
Construction crews are scheduled to do concrete base repair work and paving between Folsom and Clementina streets in preparation for the future boarding island there. They will also continue work to relocate the red transit lane between Clementina and Howard streets.
Folsom to Clementina
Daytime Work (between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- During the weekend of February 22 and 23, scheduled work includes grinding and laying new concrete for base repair work in the red transit lane between Folsom and Clementina streets in preparation for the future bus boarding island at that location.
- During the weekend of February 29 and March 1, scheduled work includes repaving 3rd Street between Folsom and Clementina streets.
- Due to construction, the bus stop at Folsom serving the 8 Bayshore, 30 Stockton, 45 Union/Stockton and 91 3rd Street/19th Avenue Owl will be temporarily relocated to Howard, half a block north, from February 22 through March 1, 2020.
Clementina to Howard
Night Work (between the hours of 1:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.)
- During the week of February 24, work to relocate the red transit lane will continue. Work is scheduled to take place over the course of 3-4 nights to minimize traffic disruptions. During this time, neighbors can anticipate construction-related lighting and low-level noise as crews lay down the red thermoplastic for the transit lane.
What to Expect
- Weekend, mid-day and night work on select dates (no work during major events)
- Limited staging of construction equipment at curb
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zone and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
- Construction work includes new boarding islands, street grinding, paving, painting and relocating transit lane