3rd Street Project Construction Forecast: November 23 - December 6, 2019
The 3rd Street Transit and Safety Project is implementing improvements to reduce bus delays and improve safety for people walking. Dependent on availability, construction crews are scheduled to relocate the red transit-only lane between Bryant and Folsom streets.
The following two-week construction forecast is tentative and subject to change due to weather delays, unexpected field conditions or construction crew availability.
Bryant to Folsom
Night Work (between the hours of 1:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.)
- During the weekend of November 23 and 24, the red transit-only lane is scheduled to be relocated. Work may continue into the next week prior to November 28. Work is scheduled to take place over the course of 2-4 nights to minimize traffic disruptions. During this time, neighbors can anticipate construction-related lighting and low-level noise as crews lay down the red thermoplastic for the transit-only lane. Parking spaces are temporarily restricted in the construction zone during active work.
Bus Stop Relocation
- Effective Saturday, November 23, the bus stop at 3rd and Perry serving the 8 Bayshore, 30 Stockton and 45 Union/Stockton will be relocated half a block south to 3rd and Bryant at the newly constructed boarding island.
No construction work during the holidays
- No construction work will occur for the 3rd Street Transit and Safety Project from November 28 - January 1. Enjoy the holidays! Work will resume north of Folsom in January.
What to Expect
- Weekend, mid-day and night work on select dates (no work during major events, such as Giants’ home games)
- Limited staging of construction equipment at curb
- Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zone and traffic lanes will be modified during active work
- Construction work includes new boarding islands, street grinding, paving, painting and relocating transit-only lane