Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: October 5 - October 18, 2019
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water and sewer lines on Geary Boulevard, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. Work to replace water mains on Geary Street east of Van Ness Avenue is being coordinated with San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Masonic Avenue – Gough Street
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Sewer main replacement is planned for the weeks of October 7 and October 14 on eastbound Geary Boulevard between Webster and Laguna streets.
- Installation of underground conduit for fiber optic cables is planned for the weeks of October 7 and October 14 between Laguna and Gough streets. This will be followed by installation of pull boxes in the sidewalk.
- Connection and testing of new water main pipes is planned for the weeks of October 7 and October 14 between Lyon and Divisadero streets.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main. SFPUC will directly notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
- Concrete pavement roadway base work is planned for the weeks of October 7 and October 14 on eastbound Geary Boulevard between Baker and Scott streets. During active roadway work, the following bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby.
- Inbound 38 bus stop at Baker will be relocated slightly east.
- Inbound 38/38R bus stop at Divisadero will be relocated east to the other side of the intersection.
Van Ness Avenue – Hyde Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Water main replacement is planned for the weeks of October 7 and October 14 on Geary Street between Van Ness and Polk streets. Connection and testing of the new water main pipes will follow.
- Potholing to verify the locations of existing underground utilities is planned for the weeks of October 7 and October 14 on Geary Street between Polk and Hyde streets.
- Sidewalk and roadway work is planned for the weeks of October 7 and October 14 at the southeast corner of the intersection of O'Farrell and Larkin streets.
- After work is complete at this corner, the bus stop at this intersection will be permanently relocated from the west side to the east side of the intersection. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
Free Commercial Lease Negotiation Workshop
Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
The Bindery, 1727 Haight Street
The Small Business Development Center of San Francisco is hosting a free workshop on commercial lease negotiations on October 9, 2019 at The Bindery. This workshop will provide information on the basics of commercial leases and how to best negotiate a commercial lease.
The following 38/38R bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. These changes are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
- Mondays - Saturdays, August 26 - November 26, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O’Farrell Street at Powell Street will be temporarily relocated to the other side of the intersection during utility excavation work.
- Mondays - Sundays, October 1 - October 31, all day:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O'Farrell Street at Van Ness Avenue will be temporarily relocated west towards Franklin Street while work related to the Van Ness Improvement Project is performed.
To view a map of temporary bus stop relocations citywide, please visit: SFMTA.com/TempStopMap