Traveling to and from Chinatown During APEC
There are many options to get to and from Chinatown during the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) conference. Most Muni lines will operate normally throughout the city. Some will be rerouted, but many will continue to maintain connections with Chinatown to points south, like Caltrain and UCSF/Mission Bay.
Many of these Muni lines also serve SoMa. Residents near Yerba Buena/Moscone Center can also take these to get north to Chinatown to south to Caltrain, UCSF/Mission Bay and other points south.
Here are a few options for Muni riders:
Travel north to Chinatown
8BX Bayshore Express Inbound – daily from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Board the 8BX Bayshore Express inbound on Bryant Street from 4th to 6th streets.
- You can also board along 2nd Street between Market and Harrison streets.
- Once the bus reaches Kearny and Market streets, it will proceed along the normal route.
12 Folsom-Pacific Inbound – daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Board the 12 Folsom-Pacific inbound on Bryant Street from 4th to 8th streets.
- Exit the bus along Pacific Street at Grant, Stockton or Powell streets.
15 Bayview Hunters Point Express Inbound to 30 Stockton, 45 Union-Stockton, or 8 Bayshore
- Board the 15 Bayview Hunters Point Express inbound toward downtown.
- Exit the bus at Market and 2nd streets.
- Walk a little more than one block west to Kearny and Geary streets.
- Take the 30 Stockton, 45 Union-Stock or 8 Bayshore to Chinatown.
T Third Bus Outbound - weekends only from 6 a.m. to approx. 8 a.m.
- Board the T Third bus along 2nd Street to head directly to Chinatown.
Travel south from Chinatown to UCSF/Mission Bay
8 Bayshore or 8AX/8BX Bayshore Express Outbound
- Board along Stockton Street to Market and transfer to the temporary KT Ingleside-Third toward Sunnydale at Powell Station
- Transfer to the 31 Balboa, at Cyril Magnin (5th Street) & Market streets
30 Stockton or 45 Union-Stockton Inbound to Market Street
- Transfer to the temporary KT Ingleside-Third toward Sunnydale at Powell Station
- Transfer to the 15 Bayview Hunters Point Express at 2nd street between Market & Mission
- Transfer to the 31 Balboa at Cyril Magnin (5th Street) at Market Street
S Shuttle Metro from Chinatown-Rose Pak Station to 31 Balboa, temporary KT Ingleside-Third
- Board the S Shuttle southbound to Union Square/Market Street Station, exit at Union Square/Market Street Station and transfer to the 31 Balboa at Cyril Magnin & Market Street
- Transfer to the temporary KT Ingleside-Third at Powell Station