Video: Zaza With the Pass, Jumps On Muni!
For the past few months, our agency has successfully provided service to Chase Center—delivering patrons to headline concerts, wrestling matches and corporate events. Parking at the arena and in Mission Bay will be extremely limited. Wherever you live in the Bay Area, public transit will be the fastest, most reliable and least expensive way to get to Chase Center. As a special bundling partnership, all Warriors fans and concert-goers can ride Muni for free to Chase Center. Your event ticket is your Muni fare, so you'll be able to ride Muni all day (excludes cable car). We made this announcement back in July as a partnership between the city of San Francisco and the Golden State Warriors.
As we gear up for the official start to basketball season, thousands of fans who may be unfamiliar with our system and the city will be heading to Chase Center for the first time. This week, Warriors star Zaza Pachulia showed us how it’s done! He joined us for a smooth ride—making a seamless connection from BART to Muni at Embarcadero station, and then a quick shot down Third Street along the T-Third line.
Any Chase Center patron who shows an event ticket at Muni turnstiles and boarding platforms will be able to ride Muni without charge. Both electronic and physical tickets for events – including Warriors basketball games, concerts and other events at Chase Center – will serve as proof of payment for Muni service throughout the day. We want to remind our customers to keep their tickets handy to show to station agents at Metro stations to get to the train’s platform or Transit Fare Inspectors, if asked. We also use all-door boarding across our system—so passengers with a valid ticket can board through any door so we can quickly get you to the event or game!
Basketball fans, here are a few handy tips to keep in mind:
- Our ticket bundling program is applicable to any ticketed Chase Center event.
- Chase Center event tickets are valid for both Muni bus fare and light rail fare. The ticket does not cover the cost of riding Muni’s cable car lines.
- The ticket will be valid all-day, and expire at the end of the service day at 2 a.m. after the event.
- When using Muni Metro service you will show your ticket to a Station Agent or, if the booth in not occupied, proceed through the gate nearest the Station Agent window (the gate will open automatically).
- Keep those event tickets handy for proof of ticket purchase when you’re heading to the arena. Failure to show a valid ticket (i.e. print, mobile or season tickets, or proof of ticket purchase) can result in a proof-of-payment fine.
- Events that do not use Chase Center ticketing are not eligible.
Taking transit to Chase Center will be the most efficient, economical, and sustainable way to get to the arena. The Warriors chose the Mission Bay site for the new arena largely because of its transit-rich location. With a Muni Metro T Line stop right at its doorstep, dedicated Muni special event bus shuttles (78X and 79X) and a Muni stop serving the 55, 48 and 22 lines within one block, Muni will be the best way to get to Chase Center. Don’t forget you can sign up for our Chase Center Transportation Plan updates via text or e-mail.
Check out the video below of Zaza aboard Muni. Name someone more iconic you’ve seen aboard one of our vehicles. We’ll wait.