Howard Near-Term Improvements Open House #1
The Folsom-Howard Streetscape Project will bring amenities to make these streets safer and more pleasant for everyone. However, implementing longer-term changes requires finalizing the design, coordinating with utility work, changing signal times, pouring miles of concrete and making other changes. That work is expected to take until at least 2022.
So when talking with neighbors, local businesses and those who use Folsom and Howard, the SFMTA made a commitment to look at near-term safety improvements. The goals for near-improvements are:
- Improve safety sooner
- Make biking and walking more comfortable
- Improve loading for local businesses
- Inform the final design for the larger streetscape project
At this open house, the SFMTA will show designs for near-term improvements to Howard Street between 11th and 6th streets. These changes will include:
- parking-protected bike lane,
- daylighting intersections for pedestrian visibility,
- increasing the number of loading zones for local businesses.
The SFMTA will ask for input from attendees which will help the team finalize the designs.
If you require translation services or other accommodations please call 415.646.2573 up to 48 hours before the event.