Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: August 10 - August 23, 2019
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water and sewer lines on Geary Boulevard, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. The next stage of work to replace water mains on Geary Street east of Van Ness Avenue is preparing to begin and is being coordinated with San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Masonic Avenue – Steiner Street
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
Sewer main replacement is planned for the weeks of August 12 and August 19 on the southside of Geary Boulevard between Scott and Steiner streets and at the intersections of Broderick Street and of Divisadero Street.
- During active sewer work, the outbound/southbound 24 Divisadero bus stop at Geary Boulevard is planned to be temporarily relocated nearby. Look for “Board Here” signs.
- Connection of new water main pipes is planned for the weeks of August 12 and August 19 at Scott Street.
- Testing of newly installed water pipes in preparation for customer service is planned for the weeks of August 12 and August 19 between Presidio and Scott streets.
Installation of underground conduit for fiber optic cables is planned for the weeks of August 12 and August 19 between Lyon and Scott streets. During active conduit work, the following bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby:
- Inbound 38 Geary bus stop at St. Joseph’s Avenue will be relocated to the west side of the intersection.
- Inbound 38/38R bus stop at Divisadero Street will be relocated to the east side of the intersection.
Van Ness Avenue – Polk Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Excavation of small exploratory holes to verify the locations of existing underground utilities is planned for the week of August 19.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
Your Geary Rapid Project newsletter has arrived
The following 38/38R bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. These changes are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
- Mondays-Saturdays, July 25-August 23, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: The outbound 38/38R Geary bus stop at 40th Avenue will be temporarily relocated to the west side of 40th Avenue while utility excavation work unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project is performed.
- Mondays-Saturdays, August 12-August 24, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.: The outbound 38 Geary bus stops at Collins Street and Spruce Street will be temporarily relocated while utility excavation work unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project is performed.
- Mondays-Fridays, August 5-August 30, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.: The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O’Farrell Street at Van Ness Avenue will be temporarily relocated west towards Franklin Street while work related to the Van Ness Improvement Project is performed.
- Mondays-Saturdays, July 26-August 16, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.: The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O’Farrell Street at Powell Street will be temporarily relocated to the east side of Powell Street while utility excavation work unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project is performed.
To view a map of temporary bus stop relocations citywide, please visit: SFMTA.com/TempStopMap
27 Bryant Service Changes begin Saturday, August 10
On Saturday, August 10, the 27 Bryant will begin traveling its new route on Eddy Street and related bus stop removals will also be in effect. These changes are a part of the initial phase of the 27 Bryant Transit Reliability Project.
27 Bryant service will be changed at the following stops:
- Outbound 27 Bryant service will be removed from O'Farrell between Jones and Taylor, from Mason at O'Farrell, and from Mason at Ellis.
- Inbound 27 Bryant service will be removed from Ellis at Mason and from Ellis at Jones.
- Outbound 27 Bryant service will be added to Jones at O’Farrell and to Eddy at Jones.
If you are transferring from the inbound 38 Geary to the outbound 27 Bryant, continue to get off on O’Farrell at Jones-Taylor and walk to the corner of Jones at O’Farrell to board the 27 Bryant at the new bus zone. For more information, please visit SFMTA.com/27Project