No Winter Service for E Streetcar and 83X Express Bus: January 22, 2019
UPDATE: The E will return to service Sunday, April 21, 2019. The 83X will return to service Monday, April 22, 2019.
Starting Tuesday, January 22, and continuing until late April, there will be no E Embarcadero historic streetcar service and no 83X Mid-Market Express bus service. Muni needs to make these temporary changes to support the UCSF Mission Bay Platform Upgrade Project and the Inner Sunset Streetscape Improvement Project.
E Embarcadero Alternatives
The historic streetcar will not be operating during the project as it will not have access to the train yard while the tracks are being replaced.
- Along The Embarcadero north of Market, use the F Market & Wharves historic streetcar.
- Along King St and The Embarcadero south of Market, use the N Judah train.
- Transfer between the N and F trains at Embarcadero Station and the Ferry Building.
83X Mid-Market Express Alternatives
The express bus will not be available during the project as buses and operators are needed to provide more service during the morning and evening commutes for the T Third Bus.
- From Caltrain to Civic Center, Use the 47 Van Ness for service to the Civic Center neighborhood.
- From Caltrain, consider going to Montgomery Station and transferring to the Market Street Subway.
- Use the 10 Townsend for service to Sansome & Sutter.
- Use the free Mission Bay Shuttle for express service.
- At Caltrain, board at Berry & 4th St (Berry @ Mission Creek)
- In the Financial District, board at 2nd St & Stevenson (Montgomery BART)
- From Townsend & 8th St to Civic Center, use the 19 Polk at 7th St & Townsend.
- From Brannan & 8th St to Caltrain, use the 10 Townsend at Division & Townsend.