New Year's Eve Free Muni and Extra Service: Saturday December 31, 2022 - Sunday, January 1, 2023
Extra Muni Metro Subway Service from 8 p.m. Saturday to 2:15 a.m. Sunday
Extra Owl Service from 10 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday
Ride Muni for free on New Year’s Eve from 8 p.m. Saturday, December 31 to 5 a.m. Sunday, January 1.
Please do not tag your Clipper® card or activate a MuniMobile ticket during the free service period.
New Year's Eve Muni Service
- Complimentary Muni service from 8 p.m. Saturday, December 31 to 5 a.m. Sunday, January 1.
Please do not tag your Clipper® card. If you tag it, you will be charged.
Please do not activate a MuniMobile ticket. Metro fare gates will be open.
- Extra Muni Metro service:
- Trains between West Portal Station and 4th & King from 8 p.m. to 2:15 a.m.
- Additional trains between West Portal and Embarcadero Station from 8 p.m. to 2:15 a.m.
- Transfer at West Portal Station to OWL bus lines.
- Extra service on the OWL Network, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
Note: Central Subway will provide free rail shuttle service from Chinatown Rose-Pak to 4th / Brannan St on Saturday, December 31st and Sunday, January 1st from 8 am to 5 pm, instead of midnight. We encourage those planning to use the Central Subway after 5 p.m. this weekend to use the 30 Stockton and 45 Union/Stockton which are scheduled to come every 15-20 minutes. For further information on our staffing & service plans, please visit Central Subway Will Close Early On The Holiday Weekends.
Regional Transit Connections for New Year's Eve
- BART will provide additional service on January 1.
Full fare pricing will be in effect.
The last East Bay bound train running through Downtown San Francisco will be at around 1:30am and the last Southbound train heading toward Millbrae will run through Downtown San Francisco at 2:10am.
For more details & trip times, please visit BART’s New Year’s Eve service article.
Caltrain service will be running on a Weekend Schedule. For more details, please visit https://www.caltrain.com.
SamTrans service will be from 8 p.m. on December 31 until 3:30 am on January 1. For more details, please visit http://www.samtrans.com