SFMTA Taxi Services
The Taxi Customer Services Window is open for limited services beginning September 17, 2020 by appointment only.
By appointment only:
- Customers will be allowed up to the Taxi Customer Service Window on the 7th floor of 1 South Van Ness by appointment only.
- You must contact SFTaxi@sfmta.com or 415.646.4621 to make an appointment.
- You will not be allowed into the building without an appointment.
- NEW TAXI DRIVERS – Complete the Online Training to become a Taxi Driver before attending your appointment.
The following actions are in place until further notice due to the Public Health Order:
- Effective July 1, 2020, all taxi permit fees are waived for FY21-22.
- Enforcement will not cite expired A-Card permits.
- A-Cards may continue to operate at SFO.
- Customers who need to replace their A-Cards can still do so through email at SFTaxi@sfmta.com or call 415-701-4400 for help.
Effective April 17 at midnight, face coverings are required for taxi drivers and customers.
Before Arriving at 1 South Van Ness – COVID Reminders
- If you are feeling ill, you may not come to the Taxi Customer Service Window; you must reschedule your appointment.
- Face coverings over the nose and mouth are required.
- Physical distancing is required. Follow floor markings while you are waiting in order to maintain distance.
- Please wash or sanitize your hands before and after your visit to the SFMTA.
Taxi Services Window Hours
Monday-Friday from 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. and 1:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
By appointment only. Closed on Federal Holidays
If you have any questions, or to make an appointment, please contact our office at 415.646.4621 or SFTaxi@sfmta.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Taxi Customer Services Team
1 South Van Ness Avenue, Floor 7
San Francisco, CA 94103
To promote a vibrant taxi industry through intelligent regulation, enforcement and partnership. We champion:
- Public Safety
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Economic and Environmental Sustainability