SFMTA Taxi Services
The Taxi Customer Service window will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on Wednesday, November 25 through Friday, November 27, 2020.
The Taxi Customer Services Window is open for limited services beginning September 17, 2020 by appointment only.
By appointment only:
- Customers will be allowed up to the Taxi Customer Service Window on the 7th floor of 1 South Van Ness by appointment only.
- You must contact SFTaxi@sfmta.com or 415.646.4621 to make an appointment.
- You will not be allowed into the building without an appointment.
- NEW TAXI DRIVERS – Complete the Online Training to become a Taxi Driver before attending your appointment.
The following actions are in place until further notice due to the Public Health Order:
- Effective July 1, 2020, all taxi permit fees are waived for FY21-22.
- Enforcement will not cite expired A-Card permits.
- A-Cards may continue to operate at SFO.
- Customers who need to replace their A-Cards can still do so through email at SFTaxi@sfmta.com or call 415-701-4400 for help.
Effective April 17 at midnight, face coverings are required for taxi drivers and customers.
Before Arriving at 1 South Van Ness – COVID Reminders
- If you are feeling ill, you may not come to the Taxi Customer Service Window; you must reschedule your appointment.
- Face coverings over the nose and mouth are required.
- Physical distancing is required. Follow floor markings while you are waiting in order to maintain distance.
- Please wash or sanitize your hands before and after your visit to the SFMTA.
Taxi Services Window Hours
Monday-Friday from 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. and 1:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
By appointment only. Closed on Federal Holidays
If you have any questions, or to make an appointment, please contact our office at 415.646.4621 or SFTaxi@sfmta.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Taxi Customer Services Team
1 South Van Ness Avenue, Floor 7
San Francisco, CA 94103
To promote a vibrant taxi industry through intelligent regulation, enforcement and partnership. We champion:
- Public Safety
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Economic and Environmental Sustainability