COVID-19 Developments & Updates for Taxi Industry
As you are most likely aware, Mayor London Breed has announced that effective 3/17/2020 midnight, San Francisco will require people to stay home except for necessary needs. Taxis are considered essential and companies should plan to continue operations to the extent possible. Taxis also have a role to play in minimizing transmission of the virus. If you have questions, please email SFTaxi@SFMTA.com or call 415.701.4400.
- Color Schemes should continue to take all precautions to minimize risk of transmission of the virus for passengers and drivers.
- Taxi Customer Service window is open for limited services beginning September 17, 2020 by appointment only.
- The SFMTA is reviewing various ways to continue to support the taxi industry and we will send specifics when available.
- Staff is communicating with taxi regulators nationally on best practices to support that the taxi industry.
- SFMTA has a weekly phone meeting with color schemes managers to maintain open communication with the taxi industry.
Center for Disease Control (CDC) Guidelines include:
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces with an EPA-approved disinfectant for use against the COVID virus. In a cab, this includes door handles, payment processing devices, window actuators, vinyl seats, and interior handles.
- Provide disposable wipes to customers if available.
- Wash your hands frequently, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when hand-washing is not available.
- Face coverings are required for taxi drivers and customers.
Check the CDC Website for the most up to date information.