Free Travel Training is available for individuals or groups of older adults and people with disabilities who would like to improve their transit skills or gain more experience using the Muni system.
Group Travel Training
Group Travel Training is a pre-scheduled information session that provides tips for using San Francisco’s Muni system, to groups of older adults and people with disabilities. At these meetings you can:
- Learn how Muni serves older adults and people with disabilities and offers an independent way to travel.
- Learn how and where to get Muni information in accessible formats to help plan trips.
- Receive tips for using Muni’s accessible features to board, ride, and exit Muni vehicles.
- Improve your travel knowledge, skills, and confidence to comfortably and safely use Muni.
Individualized Travel Training
Individualized Travel Training is an opportunity to receive one-on-one instruction with a qualified Travel Trainer. During this travel training, you will:
- Meet personally with a Travel Trainer and plan a training program to meet your travel goals.
- Practice riding Muni while accompanied by a Travel Trainer.
- Learn how and where to obtain schedule and route information.
- Gain the experience needed to comfortably and safely use Muni.
- If needed, have a follow-up training session on the Muni system with a Travel Trainer nearby monitoring your travel.