Quick Start for Service Providers, Caregivers & Allies
Muni: San Francisco’s network of Muni buses, Metro lines, and streetcars cover all corners of the city. Learn more about how Muni is an accessible and affordable way to travel independently for people of all ages and abilities.
Travel Training: Could your client or loved one benefit from improving their transit knowledge or gaining more experience using the Muni system? Free Travel Training & Tips are available to all older adults and persons with disabilities. We also provide training for front-line staff to answer any transit questions that may come your way.
Taxi: Taxis can be hailed on the street, by phone, or even with a smartphone app, and are a great option for same-day needs, especially after a medical appointment. Learn more about San Francisco’s network of taxi services, including accessible vehicles for wheelchair users.
Shop-a-Round: Could your client or loved one use help going grocery shopping? Shop-a-Round is a convenient, low-cost shuttle provided by SF Paratransit to eligible residents. The program serves local grocery stores and farmers markets and provides personalized assistance not available on Muni, including carrying up to three shopping bags on and off the shuttle.
Van Gogh: Want to take a group of clients or loved ones out on the town? Van Gogh is a van shuttle service provided by SF Paratransit for a coordinator and seven or more participants to travel to and from social events anywhere in the city.
Paratransit: Is your client unable to independently use or access public transit because of a disability or disabling health condition? SF Paratransit provides van and taxi services as an alternative for eligible residents and visitors.
SF Paratransit Group Van: SF Paratransit operates group transportation services for groups of ADA-eligible individuals to attend Adult Day Health Centers (ADHCs), Senior Centers, and meal programs through contracts with certain community-based agencies. Learn more about the roles and responsibilities of Group Van service providers and agencies involved.
Walking and Biking: Looking for ways to help your client or loved one feel and be safer while walking or biking? Learn here about projects the SFMTA has completed to make streets safer and how to request other safety improvements like audible pedestrian crosswalk signals, curb ramps, or new crosswalks.
Other Mobility Options: Looking for private transportation services? Here are some things to consider when deciding which options will best serve those in your care.
- Accessibility on Muni: Step-by-step guides for riding Muni buses, our Metro light rail, and historic streetcars.
- Muni Fares: Find out how easy it is to purchase single ride and monthly passes. You can even use MuniMobile to purchase fares for yourself and those who you ride with!
- Muni Discounts: Learn more about the discounts Muni offers when you use Clipper card or cash.
- Free Muni: Learn more about free access to transit for low to moderate income seniors and people with disabilities.
- Trip Planner/Muni Schedules: Plan your loved one’s next trip.
- Instructional Videos: Coming soon - some quick how-to’s about getting around the city.
- How to Hail a Taxi: Find out how to hail a taxi for your client or loved one.
- Paratransit Application: Download an application for ADA paratransit services.
- Shop-a-Round Registration Form: Download a brochure on the Shop-a-Round program.
- Van Gogh Registration and Trip Request Forms: Download the forms you need to register for Van Gogh and request a trip.
- ADA Application for Group Agencies: Download the forms your agency needs to submit ADA Applications on behalf of your SF Paratransit Group Van participants.