Schedules, prediction, trip planning outage
- Trip planning: SFMTA.com trip planning and most, but not all, major trip planners are working
- Schedules and predictions are now available
Trip planning may either use schedules, routes and stops that are from before January 7 or else not be available for several days. This applies not only to trip planning on the SFMTA website but also third-party apps.
As of Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 3:00 pm:
- Trip planning on the SFMTA public website
- Google Maps website and app
- Transit App
- Apple Maps
- However, you may have issues with overnight trip arrival predictions.
Not working yet
- Bing Maps appear to be using pre-January-7 information. Trips involving January 7 service changes or January 7 bus route and stop changes will be wrong.
We expect the above to continue to improve as third parties apply the new data. If your trip planner can plan a mid-day trip from Chase Center to Stockton Street and Washington Street using only the T Third, then the trip planner you are using is working.
We apologize for the inconvenience and will restore this information as soon as possible.
Schedules and predictions
The following have been resolved:
There will be a period of a few hours over the weekend in which schedules and predictions may not display. This will happen while we load new schedule data onto the website for this weekend's permanent service changes.
In additional, predictions may not work for stops that are changing between the time we change the website data and the time we change the schedule data. This is because the data won't match between the two while the transition is taking place