Van Gogh Shuttle
Van Gogh is a van shuttle service provided by SF Paratransit for groups of older adults and/or people with disabilities to attend social and cultural events in San Francisco.
Examples of Van Gogh trips include:
- Trips to museums
- The theatre
- Golden Gate Park
- Church meetings
- Public meetings, and more!
Follow these easy steps to book Van Gogh for your group’s next outing:
1. Find a coordinator for your trip
Each Van Gogh trip must have a single coordinator, who is responsible for organizing the group, requesting and scheduling the trip, and coordinating between SF Paratransit and the group on the day of the trip.
2. Submit a request form
Once your group designates a coordinator, the coordinator may request a trip by completing a trip request form. To request a printed copy of the trip request form, call or email the Mobility Management Center.
The trip coordinator must complete the trip request form with all details of the trip as well as all Client Registration Forms at least seven (7) business days in advance of the request trip date. Trip requests will be granted on a “First Come, First Served” Basis, as capacity permits.
Once your trip request is approved, the Mobility Management Center will contact the trip coordinator to confirm all the details of the trip.
3. Register your riders for the trip
A Van Gogh reservation requires a minimum of seven (7) individuals who meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Sixty-five (65) or older
- Disabled and have a RTC Discount ID Card
- Eligible for ADA Paratransit services.
- Registered for SF Paratransit’s Shop-a-Round program.
Each rider on the shuttle pays $2.50 each way ($5.00 round trip). Fares must be presented upon boarding the vehicle, and may be paid in any of the following ways:
- Cash: In exact change only, given to the driver.
- Single Ride Ticket: Given to the driver. Single Ride Tickets must be purchased in advance by visiting the SF Paratransit Office or by calling 415.351.7000.
- MuniMobile Ticket. Single ride tickets must be purchased on the MuniMobile app in advance, then activated on your smartphone and presented to the driver upon boarding. The trip coordinator may purchase multiple single ride tickets for any number of riders using their smart phone. The ticket holder must show all tickets to the driver. Click here to learn more.
Please note we do not give receipts for any fares paid on the day of the trip. If you choose to purchase SF Paratransit tickets in advance of the scheduled trip, a receipt will be given upon purchase.
On the day of your trip:
- The Van Gogh Shuttle will arrive at the pre-arranged location and time to pick up all passengers and the coordinator. Please be prepared to board on time!
- Your trip coordinator is responsible for ensuring that each rider pays their fare. Upon boarding, the driver will collect round-trip fare for each passenger.
The Van Gogh Shuttle will be ready for your return ride back to your original pick-up location at the pre-arranged time.
Questions or feedback after your trip? Contact the Mobility Management Center.