We will be moving our ticketing app, MuniMobile™ to a new vendor in the coming months.
Effective September 1, 2023 new tickets purchased in the original app will have an expiration date of 21 days. Please keep these dates in mind and actively manage your ticketing purchases.
TIP: Single ticket rider? Clipper Mobile may be a good option for you! Visit our fares page (SFMTA.com/Fares) for more information on discount programs available only with Clipper.
MuniMobile lets you buy tickets instantly through a credit/debit card, PayPal account and now Apple Pay and Google Pay. Buy Muni tickets and passes in advance or on-the-go! Purchase tickets in advance, then activate them when you board the cable car. You can even buy tickets for the whole family from one smartphone. MuniMobile may not accept foreign credit cards. Please use PayPal, Apple, or Google pay if having trouble with your purchase.
With MuniMobile, your phone is your fare.
Cable car tickets are valid for a one-way trip only and not valid for transferring between cable car lines.
Please enter "11111" as your billing Zip Code if using an international credit card. If your card provider requires AVS check then you will need to use another form of payment.
MuniMobile includes the following features:
- $5 Day Pass with unlimited bus and train rides
- Lifeline Monthly Pass
- Unused tickets now valid for 21 days after purchase
- Pay as you go or pre-purchase and store your tickets for future rides
- Pay for single-ride fares, cable car rides, and one-day, three-day and seven-day passports
- Discounted tickets compared to cash prices
- Reduced prices for Visitor Passports
- Discounts for Youth, Senior, People with Disabilities
- Industry-leading security to protect personal information and payments
- Responsive eCommerce website for online ticket purchases
- Trip-planner integration
- Direct Muni feedback using the Rate My Ride feature