MuniMobile lets you buy tickets instantly through a credit/debit card, PayPal account and now Apple Pay and Google Pay. Buy Muni tickets and passes in advance or on-the-go! Purchase tickets in advance, then activate them when you board the cable car. You can even buy tickets for the whole family from one smartphone. MuniMobile may not accept foreign credit cards. Please use PayPal, Apple, or Google pay if having trouble with your purchase.
With MuniMobile, your phone is your fare.
Cable car tickets are valid for a one-way trip only and not valid for transferring between cable car lines.
International Customers: Please enter "00000" as your billing Zip Code if using an international credit card. If your card provider requires AVS check then you will need to use another form of payment. The MuniMobile app currently does not support account creation and login for international customers (except in Northern America, Germany & India). Until this issue is resolved, feel free to download the app and use Trip Planner to plan your trips ahead of time. You may create a user account & purchase tickets here: Sign In - Muni Customer Portal (bytemark.co). Wait until you arrive in San Francisco to create a user account or purchase tickets on the app.
MuniMobile includes the following features:
- $5 Day Pass with unlimited bus and train rides
- Lifeline Monthly Pass
- Unused tickets now valid for 6 months after purchase
- Pay as you go or pre-purchase and store your tickets for future rides
- Pay for single-ride fares, cable car rides, and one-day, three-day and seven-day passports
- Discounted tickets compared to cash prices
- Reduced prices for Visitor Passports
- Discounts for Youth, Senior, People with Disabilities
- Industry-leading security to protect personal information and payments
- Trip-planner integration