Muni Lost & Found
Lost and Found
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, the Muni Lost and Found Department will be implementing the following adjustments:
- Lost and Found will be processed on a reduced schedule. Items will arrive at the lost and found office two to three business days from the time they are located, and it may take up to seven business days for you to be contacted.
Only after being contacted for pick up, effective 3/22/21, visit SFMTA's Customer Service Center Monday through Friday between 8am-5pm (Excluding Holidays)
Absolutely NO walk-up inquiries at the Customer Service Center. To inquire about a lost item, please call 311.
Thank you for your understanding.
If you find an unattended item, give the item to the vehicle operator or the Muni Metro station agent when it is safe to do so (for example: when the vehicle has come to a complete stop).
When a customer’s belongings are found on Muni, we do everything we can to return the items to their owner.
To Report Lost Items
- If this is a police, fire, medical or other emergency, please call 911.
- If you believe you left a wallet, purse, briefcase, mobile phone, sensitive document(s), medicine, laptop, bicycle, or keys on a Muni vehicle within the last four hours, please contact 311 (415.701.2311/TTY: 415.701.2323) immediately. Otherwise, please proceed with the online form below. All online submissions will be reviewed within five business days.
- Please be aware that any information you provide to the City and County of San Francisco will be used, disseminated, and retained as needed in conducting the City's official business and may be subject to disclosure in accordance with the California Public Records Act. In some cases, contact information is mandatory based on the nature of the request or report. In other cases, it is essential to assist agencies in obtaining any follow up information required in order to service or address the problem.
- Please be aware that your communications with the department through electronic mail, including any information that automatically accompanies such message or that you insert into the message, may be subject to disclosure under public records laws. However, your name and home or residential address may be redacted so that information remains confidential.
- Lookup status of a previously submitted form.
Complete the form below to report your lost item